● History at Phoenix Raceway: Phoenix is arguably the track where Almirola has been most consistent in recent years. In his last eight starts there, he has landed four top-10s, including two in the top four. He also led 33 laps on the oval mile.
● Last weekend in Martinsville, Almirola reached fourth place and stayed in and around the top five for most of the race before finishing sixth.
● Phoenix marks the last race of the 2021 season. Almirola and Smithfield Ford’s No.10 team had a roller coaster year and finally found success when he locked himself in the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series playoffs with his July 18 victory at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon. He completed 46 laps around the 1.058 mile flat oval en route to his third career NASCAR Cup Series victory. After a year full of adversity and bad luck, the victory placed the No.10 team, which was 27th in the standings and faced an inescapable situation if they were to compete in this year’s championship, in first position to win the one of the coveted 16 spots in the 10-race playoffs. Almirola’s award-winning YouTube series “Beyond the 10” captured her entire day of racing here.
● 2021: Almirola opened the season with a victory in his Dueling qualifying race for the Daytona 500. A series of horrific luck at the start of the season, including accidents not of his own fault, loose wheels and mechanical breakdown, has tormented Almirola before the momentum picked up. when he landed the inaugural pole in Nashville with a fourth place to top it off. He went on to compete in the NASCAR All-Star race and, in mid-July, solidified his playoff appearance with victory in New Hampshire. In total, Almirola took one win, one pole, two top five, four top 10 and led 51 laps.
● Smithfield is celebrating 10 years of partnering with Almirola this season with a special campaign called Taste Victory. As one of NASCAR’s most active partners, Smithfield engages fans throughout the year by hosting a microsite that offers the chance to win when Almirola wins or finishes in the top 10. When Almirola wins, one fan earns $ 10,000 and 10 fans earn a gift card for each top 10. The microsite also serves as an Aric Almirola fan page and entertainment source where fans can get behind the wheel of the # 10 Smithfield Ford with a custom racing game and learn more about Almirola with quick facts, favorite recipes and personalized content about her life. on and off the track. Visit www.tastevictory.com to learn more. Thanks to Almirola’s victory on February 11 in her Dueling qualifying race for the Daytona 500 and her victory on July 18 in New Hampshire, two lucky fans have already won $ 10,000 each.
● This year marked Almirola’s fifth career playoff appearance and the fourth in a row since joining SHR. Although he hasn’t progressed past the Round of 16, he is aiming for a top 15 point position after the checkered flag was dropped in the season finale on Nov. 7 at Phoenix Raceway. Fans and media can watch the “Beyond 10” episode of his playoffs on YouTube here.
● Career Statistics: Almirola has a total of three career wins, two poles, 26 top five, 83 top 10 and 893 laps led in 387 NASCAR Cup Series starts.
● Beyond the 10 YouTube series: In 2021, Almirola continues to share his life beyond the # 10 Ford with the third season of his award-winning YouTube series. Fans and media can subscribe on YouTube to see Almirola’s personality on and off the track. Episodes have already featured the life of a father, husband and athlete, and it gives fans a unique perspective on what goes on in the life of a professional NASCAR driver. Fans can also follow Almirola’s social media: @Aric_Almirola on Twitter and Instagram, and @AricAlmirola on Facebook. The latest episode of Almirola’s Beyond the 10, the Almirola family presents their family Halloween tradition.
● Ranking of points: Almirola is currently 15th in the drivers’ standings with 2,184 points.